Let's Start at the Very Beginning...

I had really good goals at the end of the year to start blogging more this summer while I had the extra time, but I also had goals of working out more, and I've been to the gym once this summer...  Maybe I need a new plan :)

I have been posting more on Instagram, follow me @mrsnation for more updates as I prepare for the beginning of the school year!

Here's some updates of what I've been up to as I'm getting "back in the swing" of things.  We report back to school in a little less than a month.  I can't believe it!

Here's how my room looked at the beginning of last year before any kiddos came:

 I used a combination of my own Primary Colors Classroom Decor and from Katie King's Classroom Decor Packet.

 My mom and husband made the tree on the back wall as well as one outside my door (not pictured).  Our Kindergarten theme last year was "Soaring into Kindergarten."



 

My favorite corner of the room was our "reading nook."  Some of my former coworkers threw me a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" themed going away party and my mom made this caterpillar as decoration.

My mom also used table cloths from Target to create pillows and a curtain to cover my teacher resources behind my teacher table.

Our carpets get cleaned each summer, so everything is packed up and pushed into one corner of the room.  I got a little overwhelmed when I walked in for the first time last week.  I don't know how you all who only get to go in a few days before do it.

Last week I started getting organized for next year with some of these precious chalkboard labels from Cara Carroll at the First Grade Parade.  My mom bought these bins for me at Wal-Mart and I'm going to put all of my center activities in them.  My files were getting too bulky!
I also have a *bit* of a binder problem and bought these at Sam's to organize some of my daily resources.


I've made a few resources in the past few weeks that I put in my TPT store.

I was needing a revision on some of my Literacy Center response sheets -- the ones that have been used for so many years, the copies are more of a grayish color than black.  I made Literacy Center Basics to replace and revise those pages.

We have a strong Pre-K program in Oklahoma, but about 25% of our kiddos come from other programs/a home-based setting and don't always know their letters.  I made Letter by Letter to use as a review for letter names, formation, and sounds.


My goal by the end of this week is to have all my files organized and everything in the new bins.  Then I'll start with setting my room back up.  Let's hope these goals go better than the ones I set at the end of the school year!


No comments